The new long-distance sports bike Unveiled BMW M 1000 XR is designed to meet the highest demands of racing,long-distance touring and dynamic riding on country roads.
“The M XR is the third M model from BMW Motorrad. Based on the current S 1000 XR and S 1000 RR, the product substance of the M 1000 XR – M XR for short – has been tuned to meet the specific requirements of a long-distance sports bike. The riding dynamics speak for themselves, both on the country roads as well as on the race track and on long-distance journeys”Dominik Blass, M 1000 XR Product Manager
BMW Motorrad has been offering M performance parts and special equipment ever since when it introduced the successful M model range strategy for motorcycles during the end of 2018.
The new unveiled BMW M 1000 XR is the 3rd M model from BMW Motorrad to celebrate its world unveiling, after the BMW M 1000 RR superbike and the dynamic
M 1000 R.
The BMW M 1000 XR has an engine output of 148 kW (201 hp), a DIN empty weight of only 223 kg with a suspension technology and aerodynamics designed equally for fast laps on the race track, extended long-distance trips and high-performance country road use and the lightest representative of this crossover segment is the new M 1000 XR which opens up dynamic driving dimensions previously reserved for thoroughbred superbikes.
The new BMW M 1000 XR highlights:-
• Shift cam engine of the S RR, output 148 kW (201 hp) at 12,750 rpm, 23 kW (31 hp) more than in the new S 1000 XR. Max. torque of 113 Nm at 11,000 rpm.
• Shorter secondary gear ratio (sprocket with 47 teeth instead of 45).
• Shorter gear ratios of 4th, 5th and 6th gear.
• Optimised intake system with variable intake funnels for improved charge exchange at high engine speeds.
• Steeply angled titanium rear silencer with Carbon end cap.
• M Endurance chain.
• Riding modes “Rain”, “Road”, “Dynamic”, “Race” and “Race Pro1-3” as well as the latest generation of Dynamic Traction Control DTC and DTC wheelie function with
6-axis sensor box.
• Four adjustable throttle characteristics available now for optimum response.
“Engine Brake” with triple adjustability of engine drag torque in “Race Pro” mode.
• Brake Slide Assist assists the rider when brake drifting.
• Shift Assistant Pro for fast upshifts and downshifts without using the clutch.
• Launch Control for perfect race starts and Pit Lane Limiter for keeping to the given speed precisely in the pit lane.
• Hill Start Control Pro for comfortably starting off on inclines.
• M winglets: Brake later and accelerate earlier, plus more high-speed stability thanks to aerodynamic downforce.
• Upside-down forks with adjustable spring base in conjunction with standard DDC.
• M brakes on a long-distance sports bike from BMW Motorrad for the first time: The M XR offers maximum braking performance for riding on country roads and race tracks.
• Aluminium forged wheels.
• M Carbon wheels with M tapes and M lettering on the rim: High-grade, light, high-tech components deliver maximum performance as part of the optional M Competition Package.
• M handbrake and clutch lever.
• Adjustable steering damper.
• Milled-over handlebar clamp.
• Compared to the S 1000 XR with more front-oriented tubular handlebars featuring
laser-etched “BMW M XR” lettering.
• Handlebar end mirrors (optional).
• Headlights with iconic light signature and adaptive cornering lights (Headlight Pro).
• Small number plate holder.
• Instrument cluster with large, perfectly readable 6.5-inch TFT display, start-up animation with M logo and OBD interface for M GPS Datalogger and M GPS Laptrigger that can be used via unlock code.
• Rev counter (red area) displayed in a new design.
• Lightweight M battery, rear USB charging socket, powerful LED light units, electronic cruise control and heated grips.
• Keyless Ride.
• M Design and dynamic design signal ultimate roadster performance.
• M Competition Package as an optional extra ex works.
• RDC as standard.
• Extensive range of optional accessories and special equipment ex works.